Saturday, February 2, 2013

Random post and pictures

Everyone is doing well, I do believe all four of my does are pregnant. Of course I still suck at palpating so who knows if I am correct. Have two weeks left, and cannot wait. Really looking forward to some live kits.

Talking to my co-worker she may be giving me back my one buck I gave to her, I mentioned that he was the last living line that I knew of from my Castor herd buck that passed away. She offered to give him back to me if I wanted. I hate to take things back after I give them, but she was going to eat him, and if he's as nice as she said, I could really use him as a replacement for mouse.

I love how all my does have decent minds about them, heating up the shed the other day and let them all out of their cages so they could move around. No one really fought, the youngest doe tried to dominate the older ones but she was quickly put in her place. I felt like they all could have been out for hours with no problems. Since we are getting a fence in our back yard, I might get more of a bunny safe fencing and fence of a smaller area so they can lay on the grass, i think that will really benefit their health.

 
Love giving them boxes, I usually have those big 24 can pop boxes. I cut them in half and they usually will last each bun about three weeks before needing replacing. I put treats and hay in there. Some will sleep in them, others chew them apart.


This is Big Momma, her names actually lacy but shes huge for a MR. I keep her around because although huge she makes small kits with great type and fur.


This is one of the new bucks I forgot to mention in my other post. He's too big to be shown, but I'm going to use him for breeding and see what he throws. 


Little old grumpy who sits in the corner until I leave. Bred to my red buck, hoping for some broken reds. Her last litter to a solid castor she gave me one booted red, a red, and a broken castor. Her second litter bred to a broken black, she gave me a good mixture and one really nice broken castor, but non survived due to poor milk supply i think. This time I'll be watching more carefully, and I will foster if need be.So I have high hopes for her to give me some nice marked babies again.


The two new additions munching on their food, good eaters that's for sure. They are very well tempered which is what I like it my rabbits. 








No comments:

Post a Comment