Sunday, October 27, 2013

A bit of a Change since June

It's been since June since I last blogged, been a bit busy as usual, not much time spent on my computer this summer. Our son is 3 1/2 so we have been out and about doing things. Last time I introduced our new Mini lops, and sooo much has happened since then in the herd.

I ended up bring up home two more at the show, a doe and a buck. And then went back to the breeder I got cowboy and cowgirl, and brought home three more. Two Sr does and a Sr buck. One doe is amazing, she is a GC with nine legs If I remember correctly. All three are super nice and all registered which is a plus for me since my one main goal was to try and keep up on registering.

So now I have all my foundation stock that I need, I don't plan on buying anymore because this time around I really would like to have my own built lines and show them. I'd feel so much more pleasure over this then showing other peoples lines.

I did have my first litter with my GC Opal doe, Two kits. A Doe and a Buck. I plan to hold on to them for a bit, let them grow, then I will decide who goes and who stays. I'd like to keep the doe, but if the buck is nicer then her well then she will go and he will stay.

Been working on getting my others bred, no such luck. Weathers been a bit of last month of so, so I haven't really pushed breeding so much since I need more cage space big time. Hoping next month to get a few more.

I Fear I will out grow my barn though so I need to learn how to be extra picky and cull hard as I get deeper into my own lines. I'd say my biggest fault was not being picky enough, or knowing my standard good enough.

I really have not been to any shows this year. Was planning on doing the one at MSU but I'm not so sure now. I may just go to get supplies and hang out with some people instead of showing. Maybe get a hotel for the night.

I hope over the time I get to share more success then the negative. Hopefully blog about my hard work lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment