Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year!

Wow it's 2012 can't believe I'm saying that lol it just seems so weird to look at.

The new kit's well the three left are doing well, big ole fat belly's. I must say for a first time mom, strawberry is a fantastic mother, she built an awesome nest, with a ton of hair and she keeps her babies well fed and clean. She's very attentive to their needs and even when I go in there, she immediately checks on them as soon as I walk away. She will defiantly be one of my prime Brood Doe's.

Now on to the kit's they are four day's old now and thriving, even the little one has a good belly on it which pleases me because I was worried the two big ones would not let the little one eat but Berry make's sure that even the little one has a good meal.

Hmm some things I must accomplish in the next few months, first get a tattoo pen or clamp that is a must for sure and then work on getting some carriers at least one for the up coming spring shows and of course get me some more cages, I want at least 30 hole's total just have to hold back till we get into a new place not sure how the landlord will feel yet but I don't see a problem since all my rabbits are kept in very clean cages and trays are changed regularly.

Some pictures they were moving around so much it was almost impossible to get clear good photos of them. The third picture you can see the runt, it's head looks funky in the picture but it's not just came out that way, the first pic is a close up of the smaller one/runt. It's defiantly not a peanut. I honestly dident even know rabbits could have runts because i have never come across it before but i guess so.





2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful babies! Their lovely coloring really shows off well against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! this is my first Red litter, I'm really excited to see how their fur turns out as they grow.

    ReplyDelete