Sunday, March 11, 2012

Great Lakes Rabbit & Cavy Shows- Our big win



I am honestly speechless, I had went to the show yesterday planning on not winning much, I had really went there to put on some more show experience, and get some opinions on some of my herd. When Mouse, my Sr. Castor buck who I had no plan's of showing, but decided that I'd bring him along and see what happens, well he won BOV twice and then BOB in show B. I could not help but be shocked, I know he's a nice buck, there is no denying that, but me get BOB, holy crap lol. I am pretty ecstatic right now.

I also brought home another buck, a broken black, and decided to keep my black doe, I'll be showing her to see how she dose, and then I'll breed her most likely in July or sooner depending how she dose on the show table.

So hopefully I will start raising brk blacks and blacks, hubby and I decided even tho we said we would stick to two colors, we will had on those. We also may get into otters, my husband really liked the look of them, so if I can get him more active, I'll get him a Arba membership, and I'll have him show his otters.

First we need to build our rabbit barn tho, and get more cages, technically I have 15 holes, and then a couple add on cages for the babies to grow out in once I wean at 8 weeks. So I'd like a couple more 6 hole for mini rex that I show, or brood bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment