Thursday, November 10, 2011

Alex's kit's are Three weeks tomorrow.

I cannot believe the Kit's are already Three weeks old, where dose time go? I tried sexing them the other day, I believe they are both Doe's. I love how friendly they both are, it really makes a difference when they are held and played with since day one. It's enjoyable to see them hop to the door each day when they see me in the barn.

Unfortunately I lost my first litter yesterday, Limerick gave me a surprise and started pulling hair the other day, when I though it was sun who was going to kindle, it was actually Lime. All three of her kit's were still-born, one being stuck. It was a really scary situation, but she is doing fine, and back outside in the barn. It made me realize just how attached I am to these girls. When outside people say these rabbits mean nothing to breeders, they are so very wrong. I personally care deeply for all my rabbits that reside in my barn, some I like better then others, but they all have a place in my heart. I just no longer mourn over the death of kit's, I can't, yes it's sad, but if I broke down and cried and became deeply sad every time a kit passed onto the other side, I'd never be able to successfully continue breeding.

I'm hoping Miss Sun kindles but my hope that she is even pregnant is now dwindling. I'm going to re-breed her next weekend and hope that this time she takes. I'll be giving Lime a break and re-breeding her with another buck. Now just waiting on Miss Lacey to kindle, I know for sure she's pregnant, and she's due on the 24th. Maybe I'll have better luck the second time around starting with Lace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment