Saturday, November 5, 2011

Waiting Anxiously On More Litter's to arrive!

The wait is killing us, we check on our doe's several times a day hoping they will kindle soon. They are actually due the 8th, but they could give birth anytime from now till the end of the week. I personally am looking forward to my first Red litter. Since I am still horrible at palpating, I cannot guarantee that they are pregnant, but I'm pretty positive that my Castor doe is, and still 50/50 that my Red doe is indeed pregnant. She's been acting a little off the last couple day's so I'm hoping that is a sign. She refuses to leave her nest box, so really hoping that is her way of telling me, stay out of my cage so I can give birth soon.

Alex's Kit's are two weeks old, and refuse to be in their nest box, every time I'd put them back in it they would job right back out. So we decided to heavily line the cage with straw, hay, and paper shavings. So far they are doing fine, keeping warm. Mamma seems to be enjoying the company, she checks on them regularly and they are still well fed, fat and happy. I'm going to try my hand at sexing them next Saturday, I have heard of breeders sexing at three weeks so I have extensively been studying pictures, so hoping that maybe I to can get official Gender's on them.

If not I honestly don't mind waiting longer to tell, I normally don't sex until they are eight weeks, just for reason of not getting them wrong, but this time since I'll be choosing who I keep I'd like to know ASAP!

Other then waiting Anxiously for more babies, things are going good!

No comments:

Post a Comment