Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My son is in Love and her name is Alexandria!

This Doe is the best thing since sliced bread, lol. No but really, her and my son are perfect for each other, she is so gentle with him, and he absolutely adores her. He's been going around saying, " Blue, mine!" So I lost my Doe to my son, lol. But that's okay, my whole goal to starting my Rabbitry was to start so that when my son is old enough he has good stock to be able to show with. My hope is he continues to enjoy rabbits as he get's older.

So far, being 20 months old, he likes them very much. Now let's just pray he want's to stick with Mini Rex, because his momma can't just have one so most likely by the time he's Five, I'll have 30+. I have told myself though that I am stopping at 20, no more then that. I want to be able to give each of my rabbits the individual attention they need and deserve, no matter if they are show or brood. At the moment I have Eleven, and after my three litter's I will probably keep one from each litter, and that's it till next summer.

Right now I need to concentrate on continuing to switch over to Wire cages, and to get myself a Tattoo gun so that by the time the Kit's are old enough I can do their tattoos.

I do have to say though Going into my barn and seeing a whole line of cages full of Castor's is pretty awesome!

JV.

No comments:

Post a Comment