Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh How I despise Wood Cages.

I was going to use this post as a moment to give 101 reasons why I despise wooden cages at this moment in time, but decided I'll save that for when My husband comes home from work, I'll give him 101 reasons why we need to make switching to all wire a lot more quicker. We have till April or May before we move to a new house, a new location, I'll need to use everything in my power to prove to the new Landlord that my Rabbitry is clean, which means where I house the Rabbits at will be close to spotless as any Rabbit owner can get. I'm very OCD when it comes to my Rabbit barn, If I had the energy I would clean every day, but with finishing up my MA schooling, and my toddler I tend to clean twice a week, sometime one time if it's been a busy week, or if I notice certain cages being dirtied I'll clean them more often.

I cannot stand the smell of Ammonia, I have to have that smell of clean, I think it is mostly from being in health care, we are drilled that if we cannot smell bleach or a similar clean smell the place is A. not clean enough, and B. not sanitized enough. Well I don't dare use bleach, I'm so apprehensive about it since I tend to make some strong bleach solution yet another health care habit ( ever wonder why hospitals smell like bleach, yup just think when the solutions are made, there is a lot more bleach then water.) 

I think most my issue is the fact my wood cages soak up the urine in the corners from the bucks.

All the more reason to switch to wire!!!! 

Soon very soon!

JV

No comments:

Post a Comment